Subject: Re: More Fun With Previews
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
To: LW Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 04:40:56 -0400 (EDT)

Kim Thomas wrote:

> So, I'm asking does the preview function actually work in the current
> version?

You and I both have Diamond Speedstar Pros, and previews don't work for
me either--in 256 color mode.  Try hi-color mode (65,536 colors).

I've mentioned the problem to the programmers, and I've sent Stuart
source code for a bitblt routine that works in a manner similar to the
preview drawing routine in LW, but which actually draws on my machine.
When this problem moves to the head of the list (and it may never do
that unless the programmers believe me that this isn't a card-specific
problem), the plan is that Stuart will modify the source so that it's
*exactly* like LW previews and send it back to see if it breaks.

If the problem isn't identified before the release update, you might
want to think about another video card.

- Ernie

--
Ernie Wright <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]